1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Stiffening Plate Labor Day Sale - $20 off!

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Fall is almost here, so that means it's getting cool enough to add some sweet mods to your Prius. One of the most talked about mods is the BT Stiffening Plate, so this week we're running a $20 off sale. The plates are only $145 shipped now through next Sunday, September 9th!

Last time there was a sale BT Tech ran out of plates pretty quickly, so order yours early!

http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/21

Tired of being rocked around by the wind or larger passing vehicles? Then the BT Tech Chassis Stiffening Plate is exactly what you're looking for!

Designed to stiffen the chassis of the Prius and provide better handing, this plate is fully CNC designed and milled using 6061-T6 and has a black anodized finish. It will be supplied with 4 stainless steel bolts and washers for an OEM look and fit.

Installation:

The install is a snap and you can always go back to the factory one if you ever wanted to, but I don't think you would!! It basically involves removing 4 bolts, sliding the factory bracket out and installing our version with slightly longer stainless steel bolts and washers already supplied. Tighten them down to 24 ft/Lbs of tq and you are all done!! Most users will take less than 5 minutes to install the plate.

2. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Sep 2 2007, 10:55 PM) [snapback]506124[/snapback]</div>

I ordederd last night, but it did not deduct the $20? My invoice came through at $145.
    The price was still at the usually advertised $145. Is this really a $20 off sale for labor day, or are you just advertising it with the same originally reduced $145 price? Could you make the $20 adjustment to my account?

Sorry for the duplicate reply...my bad on not putting my message in the right place originally

3. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Sep 2 2007, 10:55 PM) [snapback]506124[/snapback]</div>
    We purchased our BT PLATE back in June '07 and paid "full price" of $165 (w/free shipping) so it sounds like the $145 ALREADY HAS the $20 discount deducted...........

4. 1fixitman

1fixitman Member

Correct. I paid $165 two months ago so you got a really sweet deal.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's right. The regular price is $165. So $20 off of that is extra sweet. And tasty ... can buy you around 40 White Castles.

Danny, why does your initial post continue to say that you tighten the bolts to 24 ft/lbs torque, while the current instructions for the BT Plate says 17 ft/lbs torque? Which number is the correct torque? I assume that 17 is because that's what BT says.

6. rharper

rharper New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I ordered around 6 p.m. CDT and it invoiced me $204.00! Please contact me about making the appropriate adjustment.

Thanks,
    Roger

7. dsharp88

dsharp88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rharper @ Sep 9 2007, 05:59 PM) [snapback]509740[/snapback]</div>
    I tried to get one this morning for the new Prius I just got yesterday, and it was $30 higher instead of $20 lower. Presumably they will allow us to purchase as per their sale offer.