1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Stiffening Plate removed!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Presto, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    A few weeks ago, I finally got around to installing Tom's Rear brace, and therefore, needed to remove the BT plate to accommodate it. Here are pictures of the plate removed. As you can see, the side of the plate facing the ground took a fair beating. It was likely from my off-road meanderings. I heard some pretty big scrapes traversing bumpy, unpaved roads. I cleaned the plate with soap and water to get a better look. The anodization is scored in various spots, and the leading edge of the plate took a lot of little hits too. The condition on the flipside of the plate is still perfect. The bolt holes are still anodized, and there is zero oxidation anywhere on the plate.

The plate held up great, and is ready for service, once again. The anodization takes care of any oxidation concern where the plate makes contact with the chassis. I'm sure the plate got a few hard hits from the offroad adventures. It's been installed for about 14 months and , it's definitely a durable little piece. It was well worth the money for the gains in handling.

The bottom face of the plate:
    [attachmentid=9705]

Leading edge of the plate:
    [attachmentid=9706]

The other side of the plate:
    [attachmentid=9707]

The holes on the other side of the plate:
    [attachmentid=9708]

Attached Files:

2. bobdavisnpf

bobdavisnpf Member

Thanks for the update, the "after" pics, and the assessment.

It's nice to know this plate will hold up well to life's slings and arrows. I expect ours to take a fair beating over time too.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow... nice to know. I wonder what would happen if it was the stock plate that took the beating from your off-roading adventures.

4. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    nice... It takes a good beating I guess... Do you have any pics of the Toms brace installed?

Does it get on the way of the OEM exhaust?