1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Stiffining Plate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by grasshopper, May 7, 2006.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Installed BT stiffining plate today. What was that piece of Tinker Toy default plate that was on there? While I was waiting and waiting for my plate I started to think that maybe I didn’t really need to spend that money on something that is already on my car. But once I saw the one that was on there, I was very glad that I purchased it.
    I am going on a 1200 mile trip up I95 Tuesday and that will tell me if my alignment correction, BT plate and tire pressure adjustment will help with the handling. This should be a good test since if I don’t drive at least 80 or 85 on I95 the trucks run right over me. :eek: So here is a picture of the new plate installed and a shot of the old plate for those of you that haven’t had a chance to crawl under your car and see how puny that thing is.
    Also a shot of a poor mans Hydraulic lift. :lol: :lol:

[attachmentid=3302]

[attachmentid=3303]

[attachmentid=3304]

And this is just to P..s off the Honda drivers!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    [attachmentid=3305]

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Man, that looks comfortable under there with the lounge chair and all. Got a little beer cooler under the car too? :)

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 7 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]251160[/snapback]</div>

When you get old, everything is about comfort because you never know when you might just doze off for awhile.

By the way, fixed my back wiper. Thanks. :)

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 7 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]251160[/snapback]</div>
    Man, I'd tuck my 9" TV up among the brake lines and hang out there watching a ball game. How could I get asked to do "honey do's" if my wife knew I was laboring under the car? :rolleyes:

5. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Any possibility of some more detailed pics of those wooden ramps,
    and details on how they were constructed? I've been thinking about
    something very similar, because my cheezy old JC-Witless ramps are
    sort of a pain and don't *quite* fit under the front end without
    bending a little plastic.
    _H*

6. jdjeep98

jdjeep98 New Member

:huh: So, what's with the "Real Time AWD" sticker??? :huh:

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jdjeep98 @ May 8 2006, 08:12 AM) [snapback]251386[/snapback]</div>

Just a rub on the Honda guy's. :p

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hobbit @ May 8 2006, 12:39 AM) [snapback]251313[/snapback]</div>

As you can see from the pics, these are not really ramps per say. What they do is extend out over my steps from my carport. Of course you could build ramps from wood, but you must remember that they will be heavy. My goal was to utilize what I had while keeping the car level. Therefore mine needed to be custom made and I just used what I had in the garage/shop. If I wanted ramps I would have purchased them because of the light weight and simplicity of just throwing money at a problem.
    If you are still interested, I will disassemble them and take pics. If you will notice, mine are very high and therefore needed to be extra stable. For regular ramps it would be easier.
    I need to go to Baltimore in the morning and it is a loooong days ride and will be at the Sinai Hospital for one day and getting a 12 mil Venture Shield Clear Bra installed for another day, then another loooooooong drive South to home. So I will be out of pocket for about 4 or 5 days.

Anyway I’m glad you like them and if you need the pics etc., just let me know.

Grasshopper B)

[email protected]

9. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

I guess I don't "get it" with respect to the AWD sticker. As far as I know, AWD refers to "all-wheel drive" which no Honda has, except perhaps their SUV. Audi and Subaru make cars with AWD. But I don't see how Honda drivers will take it as a slight. Have I missed something?

10. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ May 8 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]251470[/snapback]</div>

I just have a friend who is a H ;) nda guy and is always talking up the "Real Time AWD", so I just stuck this on. I'll get tired of it in a couple of weeks and find something else to rib him with. Thats all.