1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Streaming Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kmkremer, Oct 25, 2010.

1. kmkremer

kmkremer Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I recently had my JBL swapped out for the a new one as part of the TSB for weak FM reception. The new radio works much better. While my phone works fine (iphone 3G), the BT streaming doesn't work. I know that the dealer set this up for me when I originally picked up my car. I read the manual but can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

2. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Phone and streaming are two separate pairings - you need to do both. See p. 295 of the Nav Owners Manual for Bluetooth Audio pairing instructions.

3. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There is a TSB?

4. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    I had the same problem. It actually also lost all the AM and FM presets AFTER I had reset them and my contacts list when I got home from the dealership and after working perfectly on BT streaming, I was on a trip out of town and someone called me. The BT switched to the phone call, dropped the call and I had to pull over and reset the pairing for the IPod part of the phone. It acted up for a couple of days, forcing me to repair the connection a few times and then mysteriously fixed itself and has worked perfectly for the last couple of weeks. I have no idea what happened or how it fixed itself. Have faith and keep connecting it, it will probably fix itself. I had the manual open to that section for a few days until it stopped acting up. Keep it handy.

5. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    One more often-missed setup that is required after battery disconnect (which was required for the swap) is to reset your NAV's "search area" to the correct geographical region. You set this through the DEST (search) menus, at the bottom of the search screens. It defaults to the east coast, I believe, so searching for a Subway near me (Seattle) always results in the closest one being 2500 miles away....:rolleyes: Long drive for a sub...

6. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    1 person likes this.