1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Tech Stiffening Plates are NOW shipping!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BT Tech, Sep 21, 2006.

1. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am happy to report that we just received our newest batch of BT Tech Prius Stiffening Plates and NOW have them back in STOCK!!

We have been out of them for close to a month now and I wanted to let everyone know that if you have had your plate on backorder most of them shipped today and the remainder are going out tomorrow.

When you originally placed your order if you gave a valid email address you should have received or will receive a UPS Quantum View Notify email along with your UPS Tracking number.

I want to thank everyone for their continued patience and wanted to update those that have been waiting for their stiffening plate to arrive.

2. nylion

nylion New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Sep 21 2006, 10:54 PM) [snapback]323211[/snapback]</div>
    That's nice to hear, but not only have I been waiting about a month, but never received that email saying anything shipped. You did, of course, charge my credit card about a month ago. Generally when I pay for something, I expect a product to be shipped promptly or an email sent explaining any delays.

As of now, I am very disappointed in BT Tech. I have read the great reviews of the plate, but have received absolutely nothing to date.

Bob

3. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Bob, did you purchase your plate directly from us or through the Prius Chat store? The reason I ask is because most people purchase our stiffening plate through the on-line Prius Chat store in which case they process (charge) your credit card upon taking the order.

We generally will only charge your card when we actually ship the product when people purchase directly from us.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NYLion @ Sep 22 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]323518[/snapback]</div>

4. nylion

nylion New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Sep 22 2006, 06:31 PM) [snapback]323628[/snapback]</div>
    I purchased it from the PriusChat store. However, I have not received notification from you that you shipped the BT plate to me as of today Saturday. Your posting claimed all were to have shipped by Friday. I am seriously concerned that I am out over $160 and not getting anything.

5. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Okay.. Let's clarify a few things then. BT Tech did NOT take your money as your previous post indicated. Since you ordered it through the PC store THEY process your order and at the same time charge your card not BT Tech.

We simply receive the orders from the online store in the form of a purchase order and then process and ship them out. In your case your order was placed at a time when we did not have stock. What we do is accumulate all of the orders and as soon as we receive our production run of plates all pending orders are shipped.

If you have not received a Quantum View notification via email it is probably due to one of two things:

1: We received and shipped your order but had an invalid email address

2: We did not receive your order

What I suggest you do is to drop me a PM or call my office on Monday at the number listed below so we can take your name and address and see if we have a pending order for you.

I can assure you that nobody here is out to get you and that you will receive your BT Tech stiffeing plate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NYLion @ Sep 23 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]324012[/snapback]</div>

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Sep 23 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]324047[/snapback]</div>

Let's clarify further, the poster did not suggest that it was BT tech that took his money, only that he might be out $160...a legitimate concern.

7. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Based on the paragaph below I believed that he was inferring that it was us that took his money without immediately shipping the product. It was not meant to be offenisve in any way but merely explain how the ordering process works.

"You did, of course, charge my credit card about a month ago. Generally when I pay for something, I expect a product to be shipped promptly or an email sent explaining any delays. "

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 23 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]324061[/snapback]</div>

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Sep 23 2006, 06:55 PM) [snapback]324063[/snapback]</div>
    My mistake, hadn't noticed that accusation in the earlier post...

9. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ordering from PC is not like ordering from amazon.com.

However, whenever I sent an email to Danny or called Brian about my stiffener plate order, I quickly got a response. I was also "out" $165 for quite a while before my order shipped, but I don't feel ripped off because at least they were courteous and responsive. There are other braces for the Prius out there besides the BT plate so we don't have to order through PC - it's just a good price for a good product, at least based on most of the reviews.

Just my $0.02.

10. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

Brian, my big complaint is that when I ordered my plate the page I viewed said order quickly, that they were in stock. I ordered end of August. I was under a time deadline as I had hand surgery on the 20th. I checked with Danny and he said there should be no problem getting it to me by the 19th. (Part of the problem lies with Danny).

Some expect instant delivery like Amazon and others. Most can be patient if they know that there is a delay. I had called your office a week ago, talked to the lady who answered the phone, she said she would find out (or pass the message to you), and call back. I'm still waiting. A simple 'we're waiting for a shipment' would have been sufficient. E-mails to the effect that you were waiting a shipment would have been OK. No, we wouldn't have been happy, but we would have known the status. Silence can make internet buyer nervous.

You don't deserve the accusations made by other posters. I'm just making a suggestion that might help with some of the complaints.

Thank you for the messages telling us that the plates are on the way.

I'm looking forward to my trying my new plate.

11. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello Stan and thank you for your comments. The Prius Chat store does not maintain real-time stock availability so if someone has time constraints it would probably be best to email them to check for stock status on the particular item that they are inquiring about. I of course have nothing to do with the on-line store but know the way it operates.

As far as our BT Tech stiffening plates I try to give updates here online to let everyone know when our stock is getting low and to report when new stock is arriving or has arrived. I also try to post shipping updates of backorders and such. When we have a backorder log it would be very time consuming to contact every person to let them know the exact status of their order. Also, not every order that comes through has a phone number or a vaild email address.

Under normal circumstances as long as we (BT Tech) has stock on hand we will ship within one day of receiving the orders from the Prius Chat store. If we are out of stock then this means that we are waiting for our next production run and generally have them within 3-4 weeks time frame.

Also keep in mind that when someone places an order for one of our plates we might not see the order for several days as Danny usually groups together a number of orders to send over to us at one time.

I hope this helps explain the process..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stan57 @ Sep 24 2006, 01:55 AM) [snapback]324162[/snapback]</div>

12. far182

far182 New Member

I ordered my plate over 2 months ago and still have not received it. I also have not gotton a curtesy email about the delay. I find this completely unacceptable. I am very close to pulling a Paypal refund.

13. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Please PM me your order number so I can get with Danny to find out what happened to your order. We are currently shipping our stiffening plates so there is no problem in getting one out to you right away.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(far182 @ Nov 9 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]346033[/snapback]</div>

14. far182

far182 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Nov 8 2006, 07:41 PM) [snapback]346037[/snapback]</div>
    I PM'ed everything requested above and still nothing. Not a call, email, PM... NOTHING. I am about to pull a dispute with Paypal. I buy things online all the time and have never had an issue like this before.

***Priuschat Members BEWARE of this seller***

15. far182

far182 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(far182 @ Nov 24 2006, 02:11 PM) [snapback]353772[/snapback]</div>
    The more I think of this the more pissed off I get. I am giving you exactly 7 days calandar days to either A.) I have a plate in my hands, B.) a refund.

If not, I am going to re-call my paypal transaction. Also, I will make sure others on this forum and other people I know will be aware of the type of service to expect from your company.

It's almost been 3 months!!!

16. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(far182 @ Nov 24 2006, 02:33 PM) [snapback]353778[/snapback]</div>

I'm sorry about all your problems. However, I phoned directly to BT Tech (305-652-3115) to find out if the plates were in stock. I talked to Brian and he said they were. I ordered via credit card and had the plate within a week. The day after I ordered, I received a UPS tracking number from Quantum view. My word of advise for anyone when making an order from a small company is to phone them directly if possible. Of course, that's not always possible, as I discovered with CoastalTech.

Dave M.

17. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Far182, I have already emailed the PC store about your missing order. I should hear something back before Monday for you. I will pull a BT Tech stiffening plate and put it aside for you to assure that we will have one to ship you when we get the authorization to ship it out.

Let me point out that I am merely trying to assist you with this issue you seem to be having. MY company is NOT the one that took your order or your money. I am the manufacturer of this item and after I saw your initial post I tried to be helpful.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(far182 @ Nov 24 2006, 07:11 PM) [snapback]353772[/snapback]</div>

18. TonyM

TonyM Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Nov 24 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]353807[/snapback]</div>

Curious, it's been awhile, but are you the same company that made the "original" stiffening plate for the C5 Corvettes that I bought (Aluminum, and Ceramic coated, not the steel ones made later) ?

Thx.
    -Tony

19. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That's me Tony!! We manufactured them for LAPD that re-sold them.

Do you still have your C5??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyM @ Nov 26 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]354275[/snapback]</div>

20. TonyM

TonyM Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Nov 26 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]354299[/snapback]</div>
    Hey Brian!

Sadly, no.. I sold it earlier this year to minimize my losses (I think I did very well, it was a 2004 model I got via GMS pricing in October 2003, sold it this last June for a loss of about $7k) and now I'm seriously thinking about picking up a new Z06.

Your plate for the C5 was awesome, both in finish and performance so I'm sure I'll be grabbing one for my 07 Touring Prius.

Thanks bro,
    -Tony