1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Tech Stiffening Plates ARE SHIPPING TODAY!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BT Tech, Jan 16, 2007.

1. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    THEY HAVE JUST ARRIVED!!!! :D ALL pending orders for our BT Tech chassis stiffening plates are shipping today!!

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their patience as it has been a while since we had them in stock!!

Please be sure to post your impressions after you receive your new plate.

2. Joe Bernard

Joe Bernard New Member

Got mine, love it. I live in an area with strong wind gusts. The car is noticeably more stable now. It's hard to believe a little piece of metal could make such a difference. Very impressed.

3. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thank you for your post and kind words about our BT Tech stiffening plate!! We sent out a large number of orders over the past few weeks so I am sure others will jump in and give their impressions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Slow & Green @ Jan 29 2007, 10:12 PM) [snapback]382563[/snapback]</div>

4. Pinan

Pinan Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Got mine today and installed it. I noticed the difference right away, as others have stated. It's a winner. :)

One minor bone to pick: I ordered the hex socket and torque wrench so that I'd be sure to have everything that I needed. However. The hex socket is 3/8th" while the torque wrench offers both 3/8" and 1/2" socket. The problem I had was reading the right-side-up torque reading, due to the fact that the 3/8th" side was up. Adding an extension onto the torque wrench helped, though under the car was very confined (rear wheels up on ramps). It would have been better to have the 3/8th" side down, so that you could read the scale easier. I do not have a 1/2" to 3/8" converter.

Hope this makes sense. :blink:

5. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello Pinan,

First, thank you for your post regarding our BT Tech stiffening plate!!

Regarding the torque wrench this actually did not occur to me since most of the time when I install them, the car is in up on a lift. I can see if you are laying on your back and you go to install it and it is hard to read the dial when it is facing the other direction!!

There are basically 2 solutions to this though:

Place a mark on the tool where 17 ft/lbs of torque is reached when tightening the bolt or purchase a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter.

I would think that simply placing a mark on the tool would be the easiest/least expensive way to solve the issue that you had. This is probably of no value to you now though as you already have your stiffening plate installed.

Thanks again for your feedback!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinan @ Feb 5 2007, 10:31 PM) [snapback]385810[/snapback]</div>

6. Pinan

Pinan Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Feb 6 2007, 09:47 AM) [snapback]386128[/snapback]</div>
    Great idea. I feel like an idiot, LOL.

Thanks for posting that tip. :)