1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT won't transmit extra digits

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mtsarpilot, Aug 7, 2006.

1. mtsarpilot

mtsarpilot Junior Member

I have a couple phone numbers in the phone book that have additional digits in them after the initial 10 digits. The phonebook input screen gives you a "pause" character and lets you put in many additional digits, so I can see that it should be able to send them. Yet it only dials the initial 10 digits, then forgets the rest.

I have checked the phonebook entry and it is right. I've even deleted it and re-entered it. Yet it still does not work. Anyone else run into this and found a way to get it to work?

Thanks,

Joel

2. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well....you can always leave off the "1" in front. Most cell phones don't need it.
    That will get you an extra digit. As for more than that...I don't know man.

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Personally, i never filled out my phonebook on the car... instead i just dial from the phone. this provides several advantages:
    1. i've never run into the problem you're facing
    2. i can dial any number i want while the car's moving without installing a speed sensor defeat.
    3. I can use the MFD for other purposes while talking (such as GPS). If i dial from the car, i found that trying to switch screens caused the call to drop.