1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Budget window visors from eBay

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Sfcyclist, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Back Ground:

I wanted to try out a set of window visor but was on the fence due to aesthetics. I like to leave my windows cracked when parked in the sun to cool it cooler. On the freeway, I like to leave the windows cracked for fresh air. The fan doesn't seem to do that same to me.

Since I wasn't too sure if I like the look of them, I wasn't ready to spend $200 on a set off factory visors. I also don't like the metal clip inserted into the gasket. I was going to try a set of the WellVisor which run about $50 but the it also uses clip and has a button to cover the protruding hardware. I then found a this set on eBay that was only $20 shipped! I figured what's do I have to lose for $20. Worse case, I will know if they work and if I like how they look. Aesthicially, they are the same as OEM and no clips. The ad didn't have a photo of the exact kit so I was a bit hesitant. Other eBay ads did though.

Packaging
    They came well packaged in a large cardboard box. I would think shipping alone was more than half the price?
    Each piece individually packed will 3m doubled side tape applied.

Install and fit
    Install was very straightforward even though no instructions. Clean surface, remove backing, align and press into place. My daughter helped me prep. and it was on in about 20 minutes. The finish is decent and acceptable for the price. The curve doesn't match up exactly, I would say about 1/16 of a gap which is still ok to me. The thickness looks to be about 1.5mm. I'll try to measure them later as a few have questioned the thickness as they suspect it will crack in the future.

Function

I've only had these for a couple of days. So far, they work great for the 2 main things I wanted these to do. I can now crack the window about 1.5" with minimal concern. Before without them, I only left my windows opened about .5". This has the obvious results when car is parked, cooler! Wow..
    On the freeway, I noticed that the wind rushes in a manner where it's annoying. It must have something to do with the aerodynamics of the Prius. With the visors, I can now leave it cracked and no rushing gusts of wind in your face. I didn't notice any additional wind noise. There maybe but if there is, it's minimal.

In short, I think it was worth the $20. Time will tell if they hold up but I think they should so ok.

Link

Vent Shade Window Visors Deflector Toyota Prius 10 11 12 All Model 4pcs | eBay

Photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] by

2. scrappy

scrappy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for the heads up. These look great, especially given the low price.
    Is your visibility through them pretty clear?

3. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    You can see through them but it's tinted and contoured. If the question do they hinder visibility? I would say no. The A pillars on the Prius are already very large and thick.

This is a better photo.

[​IMG]Untitled