1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bug deflector or plastic skin?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Zeus661, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Zeus661

Zeus661 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just bought a new 2013 silver Prius and want some kind of bug and stone protection for the front. What is best? I know I do not want a bra for it.

2. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Clear bra, I have them installed on all of our cars including the Prius. Never have to worry about rock chips or road debris. I had several tractor trailer tire debris hit the BMW, all I had to do was buff out the black mark left on a the clear bra good as new afterwards.

I think they are a must on all new cars. I usually have the clear bra installed on the bumper, frontal part of the fender, hood, mirror, door handle pocket (prevent ring scratch), bottom side molding, partial rear bumper. General cost is around $700-$1200 depending on how much area you want to cover. All the installer have plotters in their van so the film is cut on the spot prior to install.

That's the first thing I put on the car, usually within the first week of the car purchase.