1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buick line is hot seller in China

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Dec 5, 2006.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cwerdna @ Dec 5 2006, 03:23 AM) [snapback]357854[/snapback]</div> Buick is one GM nameplate of a very few that has great reliability. Even though it's got a rather stodgy image, I'd buy one if I was in the market for a nonhybrid sedan. This is a good example of why GM doesn't appeal to people like me: they don't produce a hybrid version of the cars that are worth my time.

3. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm convinced that Buicks have "great reliability" because they quote JD Powers who only measures the first 90 days, and they are driven slowly and gently by people that don't go anywhere.

My Grandpa bought a new Buick and put 1500 miles on it per year. No problems with the car for the first 5 years! Amazing!

What other possible explanation could there be? The Buicks are built at the same plants as the other GM cars, by the same people, using the same parts. It seems impossible for that nameplate to have better ratings, unless my theory is correct.

Nate

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's because in China, Buick is considered the Cadillac of American cars. (I don't think they sell Cadillac over there). Even their cheap models have foglights, alloys, leather etc.

5. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    From Wikipedia on Buicks:

"In pre-World War II China, one in five cars were Buicks."

I guess they're happy to finally be getting some new models. ;)