1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buick Regal Test Drive vs Prius

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Penny's Dad, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Penny's Dad

Penny's Dad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got back from the Buick Regal world tour. It was a wonderful event held in Orlando at the Rosen resort. It was one of the best run of such events I have attended (my tax dollars at work).
    I would recommend anyone attend the event when it comes to your city.

Some observations...I drove the 31K model with Nav. Interior was very handsome with nothing but soft surfaces. The polished aluminum door grab handles were a nice touch but worrysome for scratches. What I noticed though was a pronounced hesistation when the go pedal was pushed going from 30 to 50 mph. Almost as if the powertrain "thought a moment" before giving me what I was asking for.

All said it was a nice effort by GM especially the interior surfaces and IP but certainly not the sports sedan Audi rival I had been reading about from a performance standpoint. From 30-50 I much prefer the way my Prius accellerates.

Of course with similar interior space and less utility (no hatch) it would give me about 1/2 the mileage as well...so no sale. But still a really nice event.

2. Flaninacupboard

Flaninacupboard Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Insignia is a really nice car, i was at the UK launch back in 2008. Don't know what powertrains made it over to the US, but the 2.8 V6 turbo 4x4 is very nice!!

The interior certainly makes the Prius look and feel cheap and nasty, which is odd because the Insignia is a much cheaper car here.

3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Our other car is a Buick Regal.

It is rarely driven now. *sigh* we need to find her a good home.