1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Building a 2dr Carbon Fiber Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Hybrid Effects, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Hybrid Effects

Hybrid Effects Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Any new Aero Mod pictures around?:boxing:

Thanks Franklin

2. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Franklin,

No pictures. I have a bump on the rear of my rear spoiler per the Volt aerodynmics team results. I do not know if its working. But its something you could do.

The volt guys said that a small smooth bump (they show the profile change in the video) at the rear of the rear spoiler improved the drag.

The bump I made is only 2 feet long, so there is 6 inches on either side with the stock shape. The glass below the bump stays cleaner. Not sure if that is good or bad. It could be good in that the air flow stays in streamline behind the bump, rather than tumbling.

My bump is about 1/4 inch thick, and 3/4s of an inch wide (in the direction of the axis of the car). I did not get a faired-in leading edge shape, like I wanted too however. I was using rigid PVC foam, and the thin end would have been too fragile.