1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Built in bluetooth not working for phones GPS and audio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jetta95, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Jetta95

Jetta95 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I just purchased a used 2006 Prius and it has the voice activated bluetooth calling built into the steering wheel. Well my phone seems to pair fine and even works for making phone calls. However the rest of the phones audio does not. I would like to be able to use the car speakers when using the phones GPS or playing mp's from the phone or the Audible app. any ideas?

2. Mgrad92

Mgrad92 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The built-in Bluetooth is for phone calls only, unfortunately. At least, that was the case with my 2005. You might be able to set your phone to use the phone Bluetooth for turn-by-turn navigation (here's an Apple Support article that talks about turning on the Hands Free Profile setting for navigation in Apple Maps), but I had to buy and install a separate Bluetooth adapter to be able to play music, podcasts, etc., through the stereo speakers.
    (Edit: Forgot to include link.)