1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Bumb" feeling front tires

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ketiana, Jan 9, 2018.

1. ketiana

ketiana New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Today all of a sudden I felt two "bump" feeling from the front tires of my car when pressing the gas pedal after stopping at a red light. It kind of felt like I was running over something, even though I was not. This is the best way I can describe it. However now it's driving normally but I haven't taken it for a second drive after that happened. Should I get the tires checked?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Outside change there actually was something minor on the road, just you didn't notice it? Especially if it doesn't happen again, and the tires check out ok.

You can have a pretty good look at the tires yourself: visually check what you can, and just run your hand along the tire face, for the rest. Then maybe roll the car forward or back a foot and repeat, to check the portion that was against the ground.

3. Kevin_Denver

Kevin_Denver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's likely you just got rock or two caught in the treads and driving a bit removed them. I often notice that my tires are imbalanced after coming off of dirt roads or road construction with loose bits of road, but it clears up in a minute or two of driving. However it's worth inspecting your tires to be sure.

If the bumpy feeling comes back, it can be a sign that some of the threads in a tire are broken internally and a blowout will happen soon. It's probably not this, but worth checking to make sure your spare has full pressure and you everything you'd need to change a tire if needed.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    speed bump, no worries.

Mendel Leisk likes this.