1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bummer - found abnormally low price for prii

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by geologyrox, Nov 11, 2005.

1. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

apparently (obviously?) it's an error, but i'd been holding out a spare bit of hope that the prices listed on http://www.toyotaweb.net/inventory/searchr...tionscarryover=[]&dealerhasnone=false,%20false were valid. i was even more hopeful when they told me that people are asking for 2006s, and they have no takers for any of their 2005.

sadly, the woman i spoke to (very nice, but firm on MSRP) said she doesn't know why it shows that, and that they have no control over it. i did mention that its odd, because i've found NOONE else with a selling price showing.

ah well. ::sniff::

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    When I was looking, I received a notice from AAA indicating that I could get a sizable discount on Toyota vehicles. I even went to "Build your Prius" and at the end was able to get a low price.

Toyota dealer wasn't going for it. in fact, he told me about some partner company who offered an employee discount but failed to tell them the vehicle restrictions. In either case, it was not Toyota's fault and they were not obligated to honor the prices.

However, if you want to be technical and legal. If a place of business advertises a price, they must honor that price. Period. There are laws about that. Particularly, the ol' "Bait and Switch" tactic.