1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bumper protection for fragile Prius bumpers

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by zang, Jul 26, 2007.

1. zang

zang New Member

I bought my 2007 Prius at the end of May and within 2 weeks had one serious hole punched into the front bumper and another small hole into the rear bumper while parked in the City... on different days, in different neighborhoods. I went to Bryant Auto Body (where I used to get my BMW body work done before I traded it in for a Prius) and they had to replace the whole front bumper because there was some styrofoam hanging out of the roughly 3" hole. I had them add these 2" black rubber bumper protectors for $100. I figure that's cheap as getting even a small ding worked out can be a few hundred $s. Check them out: www.bryantautobody.com . It's a family owned business that does excellent body work, fast, and efficiently. They always seem to have a ton of Mercedes, BMWs, Porsches in their shop so I know they do good work.
    They can add these bumper protectors while you wait in about 20 minutes. They are nice guys (Herman and Ian) who explained to me that you need 2 people to install these protectors to be able to get them on straight and level... I've seen cars with wavy trim and now I know why.
    So far, the fragile bumpers are the only drawback to my otherwise fun to drive Prius. [/color][attachmentid=10146][attachmentid=10147]

Attached Files:

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Looks great. This really should be a standard part of all cars.

3. DaveLadely

DaveLadely Junior Member

How about the semi transparent protectors? And are those driving lights? HID? what kind?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zang @ Jul 25 2007, 11:58 PM) [snapback]485277[/snapback]</div>