1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bumper scrathes left alone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by coyote2, May 5, 2013.

1. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My bumper got scratched in a collision. I'm wondering is anything bad would result from leaving it like this? bumper2013-04-30s.jpg I'm not sure what, since I don't think it's make of something that could rust.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It's all plastic. They're really the opposite of protection, more like a glass jaw, hanging out in the wind, waiting to get wacked...

Anyway, someone nicked a similar area on ours recently, no where near as bad, likely in a parking spot.

Up to you, but for the short term you might just try reducing the abrasions with a fine rubbing compound, and then applying touch-up paint to fill the deeper scratches. Then polish the whole area. The burnished look, LOL.

Eventually you could get it pulled off and repainted professionally. Or they might just mask-off to do it. The pros can get it looking like new.