1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bumptek rear bumper protector

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by bobthejedi, May 22, 2017.

1. bobthejedi

bobthejedi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi All,

A few months ago I was interested in getting some rear bumper protection since I live in an urban environment. I saw the bumperbabe in the prius store, but I didn't really like the branding to be so obvious.

I saw bumptek bumpers on someone else's car one day and I thought it looked cool so I bought one. Unfortunately, the bumptek seller is really unresponsive and I almost had to file a charge back as it was 3+ weeks from when the order was placed to any movement/notification that it was shipped. I recommend purchasing from the amazon store, but this is the exact one I got

RP-53 53" Rear Bumper Guard - Products

which should be the same here

Installation is pretty straight forward, clean it (they provide some cleaning cloth), and stick on lightly with the 3m tape and then fully press down when it you are happy where it is.

I'm happy with the placement, I suppose you could get the shorter one and blend it in to the black bumper more, but I figure that plastic isn't as marking as if it were on paint.

IMG_0716_E.jpg IMG_0654.JPG

Silverprius2 and RCO like this.