1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bush: as unpopular as Gorbachev?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by rudiger, Jul 28, 2007.

1. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I read recently where Mikhail Gorbachev has accused Bush of creating 'global disorder'. What I found interesting in the article was it reiterated that Gorbachev was viewed as being 'wildly unpopular' within the former Soviet Union.

It made me wonder if Bush will be seen as just as 'wildly unpopular' within the United States after he leaves office. The only difference would be that while Gorbachev still gets a great deal of respect from the people of nations outside the former Soviet Union, I suspect that Bush will be seen as 'wildly unpopular' both within and outside the United States.

In fact, the only country that currently 'loves' Bush that I can recall is that great, global power Albania, where he was recently greeted by adoring throngs last month. The only way that happens in the United States is if the Republican party hand-picks the throngs beforehand. Unfortunately, when Bush went into the cheering Albanian crowds to mingle and shake hands, one of his worshipping 'fans' stole his watch.

Of course, Bush made a big point of showing that he still had his watch the next day. Personally, though, I think someone just bought him another watch.

2. scargi01

scargi01 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rudiger @ Jul 28 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]486683[/snapback]</div>
    Who cares?