1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bush puts the "Lame" in Lame Duck

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by TonyPSchaefer, Oct 31, 2008.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    A Last Push To Deregulate - washingtonpost.com

Sounds to me as though Jr. is taking lessons from his friend Saddam: on your way out, trash the place:
    [​IMG]

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    :frusty:

3. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Really ..... did you expect anything different from Cheney (erh ... I mean the Bush admin)? These are the same people who claim to be all about Jesus - then they start an oil war that kills hundreds of thousands of his people. :rolleyes:

Screwing the environment for profit is par for the course, and is to be expected from this group of crooks and killers. :mad:

Maybe Joe (really Sam) the plumber (not a real plumber) who bitches about paying his taxes (he doesn't pay any now) will come to save the day! :eek:

... Brad

4. thepolarcrew

thepolarcrew Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Agree with you on the derg, but.

If elected it will be the Joe the VP, I mean Obama administration. Now your talking way out there.

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    GWB just doing everything he can to ensure his legacy as the Worst. President. Ever.™

6. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Typical. If the last 8 years has taught us anything it's that deregulation is the answer. :rolleyes:

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Levine vs. Wyeth.

Levine, a musician, lost her arm. Wyeth didn't lable drug "don't use IV push". FDA labeling involved. It's going to the Supremes. Another "deregulation" thing trying to obstruct consumers from being able to sue for damages.

8. viking31

viking31 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thank you Tony for your ever enlightening observation.

Y-A-W-N... Uh huh... Typical banter at the end of EVERY presidency...
    And pretty much the same blabber in the US as in every country too when the reigning leadership is on the way out.

Soon our new messiah, your choice, whether it be McCain or Obama, will fix ALL our problems no matter natural, man made, or perceived man made. Everyone will be rich, everyone will have free health care, global warming and/or climate change will be fixed, Muslims, Jews, Christians, and non believers will worship together and marry each other... Yes, Utopia at last!!

Rick
    #4 2006
    Thread: Bush puts the "Lame" in Lame Duck

9. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just because it is common doesn't make it right.

Tom

10. viking31

viking31 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Who is to say if it is right or wrong? Obama is the wrong person for the job for many and McCain is the wrong person for the job for many. So who is right and who is wrong? Some prefer regulation (governmental interference) and others prefer less regulation (less governmental intrusions). Is one more right or wrong than the other?

A blanket statement from Tony implying Bush is more lame than other lame duck presidents and and another stating that Bush is "the worst president EVER" is old hat and sour grapes.

I stand by my original conclusion. There will always be those who complain and gripe the outgoing president is the "worst ever" president ever to serve. I have seen it for every president for the last five decades of my life, I surely believe it has been the case since Washington, and I am sure it will continue again and again.

Rick
    #4 2006

11. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Please show me where I said that Bush was the worst president ever. I don't care and I don't work in the History Book Writing industry.

In my opinion - and the reason I started this thread - is that anyone who " weaken government rules aimed at protecting consumers and the environment . . . clear obstacles to some commercial ocean-fishing activities, ease controls on emissions of pollutants that contribute to global warming, relax[es] drinking-water standards and lift a key restriction on mountaintop coal mining" is not a very nice person in my opinion.

Nowhere in my original post did I mention anything other than the environment. This is the Environmental Forum, not the political forum.

12. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  13. bbbygbear

bbbygbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I thought this site was for prius chat and not political garbage. We should use it this way.

14. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We were discussing comments about lame duck presidents, not the current candidates. You "yawned" because it is the same shtick every time, with people complaining about the abuses of the outgoing administration. My comment was that just because the abuses are common, it doesn't make them right.

I made no comment about McCain or Obama, and I ask you not to pretend that I did.

Tom

15. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's why we have Fred's House of Politics, which I avoid like the plague.

Tom

16. viking31

viking31 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nope. Priuschat is for a wide range of issues. From the Prius itself, to politics, to the environment.

Let me give you a hint on how to avoid these threads if you wish. Look at the subject and if you see a title such as the one for this thread "Bush puts the "Lame" in Lame Duck", then I trust you are of the intelligence to surmise, "Gee, this thread is not about the Prius so maybe I will not read it"...

Rick
    #4 2006

17. viking31

viking31 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sorry Tony. Your title to this thread you started was "Bush puts the "Lame" in Lame Duck". You then mentioned the White House, the last eight years, and invoked Bush twice in your original post. You clearly, crystal clearly, put the blame for all you current environmental gripes on Bush and his administration.

And you claim it has nothing to do with politics. Uh huh...

Yes, clearly not political at all...

Rick
    #4 2006

18. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  19. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    From the article linked in Godiva's post:
    Someone's going to have to explain this one to me.

20. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    With the rules left over from the Clinton administration, the Clinton had implemented them too close to the end of his term (i.e, within 30 days or something like that). That made it easy for the Bush administration to simply strip them away -- they were still within some kind of grace period where they weren't final.

What Bush is doing is writing his rules before he falls into that grace period. For Bush, getting rid of Clinton's last rules was like brushing bread crumbs off a table. For Obama, getting rid of Bush's will be more like pulling teeth.