1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bush's ex-top doc not happy about censorship

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by micksimon, Jul 11, 2007.

1. micksimon

micksimon New Member

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nati..._carmona11.html

"Anything that doesn't fit into the political appointees' ideological, theological or political agenda is ignored, marginalized or simply buried," Richard H. Carmona, surgeon general from 2002 to 2006, told the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. "The job of surgeon general is to be the doctor of the nation - not the doctor of a political party."
    <snip>
    "Carmona's remarks were the latest in a series of complaints from government scientists about what they say are administration efforts to control — and sometimes distort — scientific evidence in order to support policy decisions."

Why did this report not come as a surprise to me?

2. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Bush administration is founded on *moral* grounds.

Surely ---if it's even true in the first place--- it was done for the public good.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I suppose these sort of things happen when the data's morals conflict with the elected(?) official's morals.

4. micksimon

micksimon New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jul 11 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]477117[/snapback]</div>
    I just saw an interview with Carmona. He said he was told not to get involved with the Special Olympics organization (he was to deliver a speech) because of the organization's ties to the Kennedy family.

January '08 can't come soon enough for me. ANY of the candidates would be an improvement over Bush.