1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Business Trip

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Speedracer, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After 2 long week business trip in U.S, good to be home again. And I miss my Prius...
    Good in deed my Prius stated right a way with out problem, but she need wash so BAD.
    During this trip what did I miss most about Prius,
    First, gas comsumption, I rented 2005 Dodge Stratus from Dollar Rent a Car. I logged about 1600miles within 5 days and have to fill up every 300 miles or less. Because, gas gage decided didn't want tell me how much gas is left in the tank.
    Second, hose power... The Dodge Stratus was totaly under power than Prius.. Everytime step on gas pedal but she just doesn't want to go. Or maybe CVT is much better than 4-speed auto tranny. :mrgreen:
    But other hand I manage to get speeding ticket on PA turnpike :oops: (I wish had CB radio)
    Last least Prius watch
    I was in following states: NJ, NY, PA, IN, MI, and LA But I only saw two Prius for entire trip :roll:

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Speedracer\";p=\"49114)</div>
    Ya gotta be careful in the Northeast. The speed limit tends to be lower than the rest of the country :D.

Welcome home!

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You wouldn't know it driving though PA! When I travelled from CA to VT last year, NO ONE sped in KS, but PA? Geez, 10 miles over and you would still see more cars passing you than not. I just found this, trying to remember if the KS limit on the interstate was 70 or 75:

"Speeding less than 80 in a 70 zone doesn't go on a driver's record."

And they STILL don't speed, even if it doesn't go on their record. Gotta love those people in KS.

5. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bruceha_2000\";p=\"49153)</div>
    That's because the speed limit in PA is only 55 :D. Actually, I think it may have increased to 65 on parts of the interstate and turnpike, I don't drive in PA on a regular basis anymore. I just remember driving from CA back to PA, how slow the trip seemed to go when we were doing the DC to PA leg because the speed limit on I-95 was only 55. And I couldn't speed in PA because my car was registered in PA and hadn't been inspected in 3 years.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Glad to hear you had a good trip, except for the ticket. Maybe if you'd have started talking in Japanese, they might have let you go? Just a thought.

You also brought something my mind: If anyone ever starts taking their Prius for granted, just drive another car for a couple weeks.