1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buttons dim before entering data

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by gregoryvgray, Aug 29, 2009.

1. gregoryvgray

gregoryvgray New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In both the bluetooth screen and destination screen buttons go gray before I can enter information. I have to go back several screens or shut the display off and turn it on and hope that all the buttons will be available. Is there a default timeout that can be reset or is something wrong with the system?

2. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Would this be while you're moving? If so, perfectly normal, unfortunately. It's a "safety feature". Try it again at a stop.

3. gregoryvgray

gregoryvgray New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Moving. So even the passenger can't enter data while the car is moving? Interesting. OK. I understand the safety feature. One more question, does stopped mean the car is in Park or just zero miles per hour?
    Thanks

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    No, it doesn't have to be in park for the buttons to reappear again, you can just come to a stop.

1 person likes this.
  5. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Anything under 5mph, I think. Can be moving slowly, I know that. There are threads on the subject of overriding the lockout - a search will bring them up - but that is a design 'feature' unfortunately. Apparently we cannot be trusted to limit our use to the passenger when we're moving.

1 person likes this.