1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buyers Remorse?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Wayne-o, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Wayne-o

Wayne-o New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Maybe..........but I think it's more that I'm gonna miss my '99' tacoma. Even though it has 175k miles on it, it has no signs of retiring. I live in Townsend, Ma just north of Fitchburg Ma on the New Hampshire boarder. We get plenty snow up here and I know I will miss the 4 wheel drive. I have some reservations as to how the Prius will handle in winter conditions.

No matter, I Pick the little bugger up today. I know I won't miss paying for the gas to travel 106 miles a day to and from work.:D

Wayne-o

2. Cacti

Cacti Poleikleng

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wayne,

I too had a tough time letting my 1998 Tacoma go when I purchased a 2007 Prius. Not having 4WD was a tough pill to swallow but with the price of gas escalating I really had no other options.

3. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    1. Make sure you get good snow tires for the winter. Plenty of recommendations on this forum.

2. Make plans to see (hopefully) some of us at the New England Alternative Energy Transportation Festival (AltWheels) in the fall. Details of last show (or at least my version of it) at Ship's Log: Stardate 2007929

4. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I love Tacomas, my own preference being for the most basic regular cab configuration in 4WD, they are like having a Jeep Wrangler except waaaaayyy more practical. But good commuter cars they definitely are not. The Prius serves that function magnificently. But comparing them is difficult, apples and oranges for sure.

As Doc Willie has stated, if you life in snow country and this is your only vehicle you definitely want to get some good snow-tires. The Prius does pretty well IMHO, even on icy or snowpacked roads, even with the box-stock Integrities, but if you encounter deeper or fresh snow, or have to climb a steep hill or driveway on ice or snowpack, the VSC and traction control systems definitely cause some issues. So that's where good snow-tires will make a difference.