1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying a Prius 2010 HB-III, want navigation/heated seats

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Jaydoc, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Jaydoc

Jaydoc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi all

First post here. I am from Birmingham, AL and will be a first time Prius owner when I seal the deal on a 2010 Prius III with 106000 miles that is in great shape.

A few questions.

I want to replace the head unit with a navigation and backup-camera enabled unit. I came across the Pumpkin 8 inch Android 4.4 Kitkat For Toyota Prius 2009-2013 Double Din head unit on Amazon
    The car has a JBL sound system and I will get the required adapter too.

Is this any good? Anyone using this?

Also, what would be the cheapest way to get heated front seats?

Thanks.

#1 Jaydoc, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    sounds like you should find a Prius IV/Four or a prius plug in, they have the features you want.

3. Jaydoc

Jaydoc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The reason I am going for this car is it fits my needs in every other way. It only has 78k miles on it and is otherwise in pristine condition. I hate financing for anything and this is the only Prius that I found that both met my needs AND could be paid off with my current savings!

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You'll end up paying more for those features later using aftermarket equipment. It's best to spend the money up front, possibly getting a small loan for the features you really want. You'll just regret it later and end up adding those features at a higher cost.

Or you can simply forget about those features for now and live with how the car is equipped. Save your money and get those features in another car down the road.

Jaydoc likes this.
  5. Jaydoc

Jaydoc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Maybe that's what I need to do. But the $400 head unit I was referring to looked like it was an easy install.