1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying a Used 2014 PIP - Have some Questions

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Cali929, Sep 28, 2023.

1. Cali929

Cali929 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi all, I am about to buy a used 2014 PIP Base with 123k miles on it and have some initial questions:
    1. As far as I know there have been no major service work done on it except for basic oil n filter changes etc. So, what maintenance would I need to do assuming nothing has been done like the 100k or 120k service?
    2. Is there an aftermarket stereo/screen non jbl for the head unit that would still work with the features of the pip, like reverse camera and steering controls?
    3. Are there any other upgrades I could do to make it better either visually or technically.

Thank you in advance,
    Cali

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

1) go to toyota.com/owners. there, you can plug in the vin and get all the dealer maintenance records, along with open recalls if any. they also have tsb's if you have any issues.
    you can also grab the maintenance schedule specific to your model.

along with recommended toyota maintenance, we like to add tranny fluid change, egr circuit cleaning, oil catch can, 12 volt load test (free at auto zone) possible throttle body and maf cleaning while your way in there anyway.
    reduce the oil and filter changes to 5k, and check the coolant quality every 5k or yearly between changes.
    all the best!

Cali929 likes this.