1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying an 06 in 05 WA State

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by nottagasguzzler, Dec 4, 2005.

1. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

:) I just heard that my 06 Barcelona Red package 8 will be in the week of December 10th. Although the tax incentive for 06 is tempting, it's also damn hard to figure out which quarter will be the one that benefits buyers. As it is, I buy this year and I get the 05 tax credit as well as I can deduct the full sales tax which I won't be able to do next year. Since I itemize I figure a puchase this year will be more benficial than next year.

I'm concerned that the Barcelona Red won't be near as nice as the Salsa Red though the Seattle dealer assures me I'll love it (go figure?!). If it's too much like a fire engine, then I'll wait for a Driftwood Pearl.

I'm quite excited and looking forward to adding the Prius to our family fleet!

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    For the record, for '05 it is a "deduction" not a "credit" -- a big difference. I don't understand about deducting the full sales tax. I would highly recommend talking to a qualified tax consultant before you pull the trigger for '05.

3. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

GreenMachine, thanks for the distinction and you're right I will talk with my CPA. Perhaps there is an element of really wanting it now at work here and if the red isn't quite my cup of tea, then I'll be in line for next year with everyone else. Happy Cholidays!

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona