1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BUying my first Prius, questions for you

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by idareu, Dec 1, 2009.

1. idareu

idareu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am buying a 07 Prius touring with package three. The car was a off lease car that has 19k. I can buy it for $15,995 is that a fair, good or great deal? I am a low mileage driver maybe 9k a year, should I look at something else?
    I am also concerned about resale since I usually will not keep a car over three years. Can you give me some history and guidance to what I might expect to get on trade in three years if the car has under 40k on it.

Also should I buy the extended warranty? Are these cars bullet proof or is the warranty really going to pay off?

Thanks
    Idareu

2. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The price sounds fair.

The resale value of a Prius is as good or better than any other car. A 40K Prius should still bring a good price.

Extended warranties are not usually worth it. You are not even going to have the car long enough for it to be worth it. UNLESS you are unsure of the history of this car, and are worried that it had some problems or damage in the past.

As far as buying something else, tell us more about your driving habits, and requirements. E.g. if your 9000 miles per year will mostly be 2-3 mile trips, you cannot expect the kind of fuel economy that most of us get.

3. FrankD

FrankD Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I paid just about that for my pkg #3 2007 Prius and it was not the touring model. I bought mine 6 months ago and it had 50k miles....

Frank