1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying my Prime in Nor California - How do I shop for the best deal?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by cirruspete, Apr 23, 2018.

1. cirruspete

cirruspete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have read a great deal of recent posts about prices paid for Primes on the "sticky" thread here. I'm a little surprised at the dearth of California deals I could follow up on!

Anyway, can anyone advise me how to proceed to get a good deal (doesn't have to be the absolute rock-bottom best, but I'll travel anywhere in California from SF down to San Diego).

I tried the Costco online service, which connected me to Modesto Toyota. However, no quote was given. I was provided six names of salesmen to call at the dealership for the quote, or I could wait for them to call me for an in-dealership meeting. Sigh... no price quote.

I would love an Advanced in white/ moonshade, a 2017 with a rebate from Toyota... if this is feasible. I'm ready to buy now... thanks all, Peter

priuscatprimeguy and bisco like this.
  2. heiwa

heiwa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Costco deal is 1800 below invoice.Toyota cash rebate is 1000 and another 1000 from 4/18 to 4/30, based on our purchase experience at Modesto Toyota last weekend. Ask for Hugo, sales pro. The floor manager was also helpful in putting all the financial info in writing, and patiently explained it to us. Also, Costco deal will allow you to access 72 month zero percent financing from Toyota. Your future parts purchase will be 15% off, a part of Costco deal! On top of that, CA State CVRP is 1500, San Joaquin Air Pollution Control Board's Drive Clean rebate is 2000, and Fed tax credit is 4502. We may not have gotten the best deal, but sure seemed to us a better deal compared to almost MRSP we paid in Nov 2016.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

bwilson4web likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would email all the dealers you are willing to drive to, get the best price, then do a second round asking everyone to beat it.
    once you decide, tell them your bringing a check to be sure of the bottom line.

4. JKang

JKang Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I just picked up my 2017 Prius Prime Plus from a broker in San Jose. $3700 rebate, 0.1% interest on a 36 mo/36K mi lease. When I first started looking at cars the rebate was $2700, then it increased by $1000 in the last week. Give John a call at Ferrante & Son. (408) 244-6612

5. 2015BlizzardPriusFour

2015BlizzardPriusFour Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We just picked up our 2017 prime advanced near San Jose (Sunnyvale Toyota) and all said and done financed just over $34000 with going in close to $2k upside down on our 2015 Prius (owed 16,500 got 14,200).

This is for an advanced with body side molding, aero, rear bumper appliqué, all weather mats, and in blizzard pearl. 72mo 0% and $2k rebate showed the car at just a touch over $30k.