1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying New Tires

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by westex39, Jan 9, 2008.

1. westex39

westex39 New Member

I'm getting ready to buy new tires for my 2007 prius touring. the factory tires are Bridgestone Turanza EL400-02 195/55-16. I'm considering Michelin Destiny 205/55-16. This is as close as I can get to the stock size. The question is, what kind of ride can I expect fron the Michelin destiny. By ride I mean quietness and smoothness. How are they for grip and traction? the Destiny is supposed to be the same tire as the Harmony. Please give me information as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

westex

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You may want to take a look at Tire Rack's review of its 4 highest rated passenger all season tires, which includes the Michelin Harmony:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=74

Also, you may want to do a word search of Michelin Harmony on PriusChat. I believe that several PriusChatters have them and like them.

Good luck.

3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    if you got $500 to mount & balance a set of michelin destiny's, do it, mine are so comfy, long-lasting, and perform well all year. plus michelin has some new technique to keep the tire looking black longer instead of dulling to a gray.

the only reason people don't buy michelin's is they can't afford it, they are the absolutely best tire out there, Yokohama is a close second, everything else is inferior, but a better value, as you could mount a set of kuhmo's for under $300.

4. westex39

westex39 New Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm getting the tires for $506.00 including mounting, lifetime balance, rotation, & flat fix. Plus, full free replacement road hazard warranty. They (Discount Tire) are giving me credit for my tires, about $15.00 per tire.
    Looks like I will have the Michelin Destiny tires tomorrow.

Westex

5. westex39

westex39 New Member

Final update:

I had the Michelin Destiny tires installed this morning. What a difference. Noise and ride comfort are improved. Cornering is greatly improved. I am happy with these tires.

Regards

Westex

6. westex39

westex39 New Member

Final update:

I had the Michelin Destiny tires installed this morning. What a difference. Noise and ride comfort are improved. Cornering is greatly improved. I am happy with these tires.

Regards

Westex

7. westex39

westex39 New Member

Final update:

Regards

Westex

8. rogerSC

rogerSC Member

How is your gas mileage with the Michelin Destiny's?

Thanks.

-Roger

9. corpline

corpline Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Had to break down today and get new tires. Had a really good experience. I ordered them online from tires-easy.com with great deal ($150 saved) and it took 1 day delivery. Even better experience when I took them to Walmart and they installed them for $50. A savings of $30 over local tire shops.