1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying Outside SET Radius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by cjoshuav, Jan 26, 2008.

1. cjoshuav

cjoshuav New Member

I'm in Atlanta and looking to buy a package 2, 2008 Prius (non-touring). The best drive-out I've been able to find is $27,500 (including 7% sales tax, etc.). That seems high to me, but as best I can tell a big factor is the Toyoguard and fees that come with buying from dealerships under the thumb of Southeast Toyota Distributors (SET). Can anyone recommend a dealership relatively near Atlanta that deals with a distributor that doesn't automatically put things like Toyoguard on the vehicles? Thanks much! Joshua

2. TeamWenz

TeamWenz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    refuse to accept the addon. Use edmunds.com to research out the invoice cost for the vehicle with options. This will arm you with better information as you shop around.

3. cjoshuav

cjoshuav New Member

I've got the invoice cost for the vehicle (Consumer Reports service). The problem is that Toyoguard can't be removed and they're not willing to drop the price. I've found a dealership in Chattanooga which is, thankfully, outside the SET range. I may give them a shot.

-Joshua

4. TeamWenz

TeamWenz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I guess your only option is to travel outside of the SET monoply. You might try and contact the TN dealership by email if you haven't already. Explain the deal and see what they can do. They might provide you an incentive for making the drive. The car is definetly worth the effort. I have driven my for three weeks on less gas then I would have put through my last car in one week.

5. rookie101

rookie101 average member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i just paid 22,800 for my 08 package 2 - but im in PA

6. cjoshuav

cjoshuav New Member

Rookie, was that your drive-out?

Joshua

7. rookie101

rookie101 average member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    22,800+ tax and tags. sticker was 23,9XX, so i got about 1,100 off. Around here its hard to get anything off.

8. TeamWenz

TeamWenz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You should be able to get a 08 package 2 for around $22,200.00 For a five grand difference you could fly up to Madison and drive one back. I have a small town Toyota Dealer up here that will go right to invoice with no hassle. Small town Toyota dealers are really hard to find.

9. mitchelr

mitchelr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm also in PA and paid 22,700 for a 2008 Package 2 - Driftwood Pearl. Arlington VA dealer offered same car for $150 dollars less but I did not want to make the 1.5 hour drive.

Picked it up Friday night and so far it has been great. Today I installed my Sirius Sportster into the Prius. I put it into the console so it is well hidden. Not sure I like having to open th console lid to change channels. I have researched the forums here and I am going to look into a SCVDOC1 that may allow control of Sirius through MFD if it will support the Sportster 3.

Bob Mitchell

10. cjoshuav

cjoshuav New Member

Thanks everyone for your help. Courtesy of your input, I've put together the following link which I'm going to send to a few Internet sales departments in Tennessee.

If any of you know friendly salespeople and you want to send that link to them, feel free to.

Also, if you have any suggestions or corrections, please let me know.

Joshua