1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buying questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mwok86, Apr 16, 2010.

1. mwok86

mwok86 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Planning to buy a Prius 2010 III trim this afternoon.

This is the BASE MODEL III I'm looking at:
    FitzMall : 2010 Toyota Prius
    Other III models:

They have several III models with varying prices....I could not find the differences between them??

Is there any options I need to buy? Also, I would like to connect my zune, does it have an interface for this?

Is there performance upgrades I can do to boost mpg? How hard is it to install? I heard of a thermal block....do we need one in the summer?

2. ajc

ajc Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That's the same car I bought back in November 09 and I paid $24,000. That's a good price.

3. mwok86

mwok86 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Do you know why there are price differences between the III trim model besides the color? I can't find any other difference?

4. Pooka

Pooka TIFOSO

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    a) a good thing to add is the auto-dim rearview mirror
    b) i dont see floormats in the list - if you intend to buy all-weather anyways than this is a moot point - make sure they dont try to force u into buying floormats saying it is factory- included blah blah ..
    c) get a rear bumper applique or the protector depending on your needs or nothing

I paid 22,800 for all 3 above OTD. As you probably already know, you still have to add their DOC fee (and surprisingly? they dont list it).

Barcelona Red was our 2nd choice - looks mucho sharp with tinted windows - good choice .. best of luck!

p.s. Blizzard is a premium color ($ extra) ... also there was a price increase this year - so depending on the stock - that might explain the $ difference - or some of them might have slightly higher mileage (like in 60s +) hope this helps!

5. Smirv

Smirv AkA: Ryan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a a III as well. I actually have a zune and yes you can connect it. You need a cord and it plugs in inside your center console. If I could do it again I wouldnt have got the carpet mats. Instead for the money I would have rather got the Weather Tech mats that form fit front and back. If your carpets getting dirty drives you crazy too, you might want to look into that. As far as performance upgrades, there is the KN air filter that might increase MPG a bit. There is also a Tuner that is supposed to increase horsepower, torgue, and MPG. Ask a Pro for that one on install.

6. eric1234

eric1234 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just bought (in Feb) a non-nav III like those. This is a great price - I paid 23.4K. I love the car. I somewhat wish I'd gone for the Nav - it includes good iPod interfacing and also includes a back-up camera. Not a necessity, but would make parallel parking a hair easier... (I wish I had a front-bumper camera, too - I'm still adjusting to trying to learn where the front wheels really are...)