1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

buying used camry hybrid and dash noise

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by hyhi, Jun 13, 2010.

1. hyhi

hyhi Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Looking at a used 07 camry hybrid with just under 65,000 miles on it. Leather, nav, sunroof. Only issue is a noise in the lower dash area in front of the gear shifter. There is storage bin with a over lid you press in to open up which gives access to the aluxary port and another power plug (I think) just in front of the heated seats buttons. If I press down on base of that storage pocket I can make the plastic? rubbing sound stop so far as I know.

Questions -
    1. Is that a hard fix to make the noise stop? Car lot can take it to a sister autoway toyota dealer to have it looked at this say.

2. Is 65,000 miles too many on a hybrid battery pack (would leave only 35,000 miles left and rest of 8yrs on non california warranty...even though it was put into service as a lease in CA). Seems CA gets 10yr and 150,000 warranty on battery instead of the rest of the USA which I think gets 8yr/100,000 miles.

They are offering 16,000 for my 07 mazda rx8 gt (automatic) and driving down my 07 highlander hybrid now to see what they would give for that in trade as well.

Any quick knowledgeable answers appreciated.

Also, prior owner 38yr old it seems put on TSW rims (not a clue about if they are any good to have on this car) and it has Yokoharma AS430 tires P215060R16 94V which I assume he/she put on to get a better road feel though they just seeem to be louder to me :)

thanks for input in advance.
    would miss the storage space of my highlander (80cubic foot) but it would be njice to just have one car payment and one insurance payment again plus ifit gets around 36 to 38mpg in town that would be ok by me.

power feels ok for a 4 cylinder to me (plus the battery pack power)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    we love our 08 hycam but don't have the rattle, sorry.:) we do have a sunroof rattle which the stupid ealer was supposed to order a kit for 6 months ago. ( i gotta call em.:mad:)