1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buzz from driver side AC vent when on?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by james32712, Nov 25, 2009.

1. james32712

james32712 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does anyone else notice a buzz coming from the driver side vent area when your AC/Climate control system is on? At any fan speed, ac on or just vent on, at any temp, I hear an electric buzz - at first I thought it was a speaker buzz, but turning off the radio didnt get rid of it. When I toggle the climate control on and off, the buzz stops and starts back up. Its definately connected to this. Like I said, sounds almost exactly like a radio speaker buzz. Anyone else?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You have a model IV. This means you have the Plasmacluster Ionizer filter. I suspect not everyone will hear it because it's only on IV and V models (and it's not available in Canada). The plasmacluster sends out +ive and -ive ions from the driver's side vent.

3. praecurvo

praecurvo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    so, the plasmacluster is the obvious culprit? Why would they install a tiny popcorn maker in the driver's side air vent?
    aaron