1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

By the end of the day we will *hopefully* be a dual-Prius family!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pyccku, Apr 27, 2008.

1. pyccku

pyccku Happy Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We have a 2007 Prius ("Louise") that I love - and we've been getting about 53-56mpg in it pretty consistently for the past few months.

We also have a 2007 Tacoma that my husband loves, but he's seen the writing on the wall. Gas is continually going up, and he's just not driving it very much because he hates paying $60 to fill the tank.

So he's decided a different vehicle is in order. He was thinking Corolla, but we had one of those and with 5 people it just wasn't peppy enough. The Prius has been great, and we've gone 5 people + luggage + dog on a road trip to CA, so no worries there.

Our favorite dealership has 12 Prii listed in inventory. Hopefully one of them will be ours by the end of the day, and Louise will have a garage-mate! The truck is too long to fit easily in the garage, so she's had it to herself until now.

2. draedie

draedie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Best of luck deciding and happy car shopping! :D

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hmmmm Hope She Likes her new friend.
    Best Of Luck, you have to post pic of the two side by side. :cool:

4. pyccku

pyccku Happy Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well darn, they were completely out of Prii. 16 of them listed online, but all sold. We were going to wait 4-6 weeks for an ordered one, but then tried out a Scion xB. It was roomy, decent mileage, and with the trade on the truck we are getting $3500 back! So we'll have two new(ish) vehicles (2009 Scion, 2007 Prius) and both will be ours free and clear...I owed $4400 on the Prius, but now we'll be able to pay that off and be done with it.

So as much as I would have loved to have two Prii, financially we would need to buy a ton of gas to come out ahead.