1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bye, bye Ford?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by mehrenst, Sep 14, 2006.

1. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    DETROIT - Ford Motor Co. will offer buyout and early retirement plans to all of its hourly U.S. employees — more than 75,000 of them — as part of a broad restructuring plan aimed at cutting its costs in light of slumping sales.

Ford confirmed the plans Thursday after union officials disclosed the company would make the buyout offers. :unsure:

Story is here>>>>

2. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

You'd think one of these auto makers would decide to dump the union. Fire everyone some monday morning, then start rehiring all the employees with 15% raises. Given that, I bet they'd end up cost of operations being so much better for the company.

Bring the deal back down to "Labor needed is labor paid for" without the union making them pay all the weird junk that happens when the union gets in the middle of it.

None of the rest of us have anything more than a promise of today, maybe not for tomorrow, a 401k that may or may not grow. They pay me today because they think I'm going to contribute more to their company than they are paying me. If that changes next week, they will roll me off the project and I'll be available for another project. If I ain't smurt nuff to did the werk theigh needs, thens theighs finds sumones eleses that are smurt nuff.

In the union.. they got a lot of baggage they are trying to pull up the mountain. If they were hugely profitable, then make sure everyone to the bottom is paid decent. Since the whole industry is mired in red tape, change the deal and let them run it for a profit.

3. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Sep 15 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]320024[/snapback]</div>
    Prediction:

Within 7 years, more than 50% of Ford, GM and Chrysler's production will be assembled offshore - China being the most likely candidate. :(

This will take care of the Union and medical benefits predicament.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  5. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am glad that I am a nurse and not an american aotu employee. At least Ford seems to have some concrete planning going on. GM still has their heads in the sand regarding their future.

6. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Lets see, Bill Ford resigns as CEO and they appoint some guy from Boeing. What will this mean for the future Ford line?????

Wing like tail fins reappearing :lol:

"F" serries pickups will now have afterburners :lol:

Anyone else have any design suggestions?

:p :p