1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bZ4X Illuminated Door Switch Mod

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by Tideland Prius, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like Toyota continues cheaping out on illumination on the new bZ4X like they did on the Prime for 2019+.

Here's the video for swapping them out for illuminated ones.

hill and drash like this.
  2. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Huh I almost forgot mine were illuminated but yeah they were on my 2017 Prius Prime Advanced trim. Must be revenge for having to put in the 5th seat. Kind of shocked the later Primes and the bZ4X don't have illuminated door switches. Hmmm when I went to look at a bZ4X the other day, I had a salesman all over me in about a minute. Something to keep in mind if I get serious and go look at them again. Is this true of the RAV4 Primes as well?

I also put in illuminated door sills on my 2017 Prius Prime. Looked sharp too. Took the better part of a day, a lot of it on my back under the dash, but turned out nice. Big hint: don't get it wet. When I wash my cars I usually open the doors and wash the inside of the doors and door frame around the inside of the car. The driver side lost some, but not all, of the lighting, however, the passenger side was unaffected. Maybe because it kept getting wet from the driver's constant usage :rolleyes::whistle:.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I hardly ever pay attention to those buttons on our 2010, but one time we were picking someone up, I needed to unlock the doors (at night), I look down, and see ONE diminutive green dot. Wasn’t even sure what it was. Considering how commonly they see taxi duty, ridiculous.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure. Could be.

Yeah, that was a complaint from day one (that and no iPod integration for the entire generation in Canada while the US fixed that in Sept 2009).

It was nice that Toyota added illuminated window and mirror switches but it only lasted two model years - they took it out for 2019.

There's always this:

https://a.co/d/4t0jSSJ

[​IMG]

#4 Tideland Prius, Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Mendel Leisk likes this.