1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

C0U inverter water pump campaign, how long do they cover the part for?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by prius8654, Apr 14, 2023.

1. prius8654

prius8654 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My C0U campaign was done in April of 2013. Does Toyota warranty these failing pumps beyond the initial 1 time replacement? These pumps inevitably seem to fail repeatedly during the car's life from what I've read it's rarely 1 replacement during the 400k mi life of these great vehicles.

I ask all of this because:
    I have codes: p0a93, p1116, p1121, p1123. So it looks like I'll be needing to replace both the coolant control valve and the inverter pump. I did get the red triangle while highway driving, it did go to limp mode. I pulled off and parked it. I plan on clamping off the hoses and replacing both pumps. I also get the classic washing machine back and forth sound from the coolant control valve. Apparently these two pumps are in close proximity to one another in the vehicle? I watched a video on luscious garage's site. The C0U campaign was completed in 2013, does it cover the cost for the inverter pump replacement for life? Seems like a common part to fail and the apparent redesign also fails according to the great info on luscious garage's site.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No. Best you can do is buy "quality" OEM pumps from the dealership. Many believe Fleabay and Scamazon pumps fail faster.