1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

C1364 brake, ((!)), VSC uneven braking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ryan Harrington, May 20, 2018.

1. Ryan Harrington

Ryan Harrington Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, I've been searching the forum to find the same problem, but to try to make it short...

My wife was driving home from New Orleans and accidentally drove through some deep water (only abnormal event we can think of.)

When she started it up an hour or so later, the above lights came on and she had a stiff brake pedal with decreased braking power. Also had one episode of feeling like brakes were locking up on her.

I drive it and the brake pedal feels stiff. Car pulls to the left when braking. Brakes seem functional, but not normal. I changed the actuator assembly back in March and have had no problems since.

Any ideas?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The fortune cookie one-liner for that code is:

C1364 = Wheel Cylinder Pressure Sensor Malfunction

2006 Prius RM - DTC C1364:61.png

There are 20 INF (sub) codes for that DTC. you can get the INF code by clicking on the snowflake icon to the left of the code (in Techstream), which will narrow down the problem area.

The full 7-page work up is attached.

Attached Files:

Raytheeagle and Ryan Harrington like this.
  3. Ryan Harrington

Ryan Harrington Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow!! Thanks!!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. ringinear

ringinear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just replaced my actuator and had a C1364/ 222 code. My RF W/C pressure sensor voltage is at 4.9V while the others are about .45V. I am trying to decide whether the actuator is bad. My guess is that the replacement actuator is bad.