1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

C1391 Code, Brake + ABS + Cabin Alarm = No Brakes

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Lamp1998, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Lamp1998

Lamp1998 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello ! I had the same problem abs +cabin alarm + light abs and traction light. I read this blog, I changed the PUMP part # 47070-47060 Pump Assy. I bought the new part in the Toyota Dealer. It was a little difficult but not impossible. I’m giving thanks to God. I almost change the brake booster & master cylinder, but it’s not necessary at least in my case. The abs light was turn on since I bought the car, but until a few days I lost the brakes and start the cabin alarm. The part price is around 600$. If someone need help let me know to send you some videos from YouTube that were very helpful for me.

The code was a C1391… before the cabin alarm stars to buzz

#1 Lamp1998, Sep 1, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2021
  2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    FYI, the part number you quote is the Brake Booster Pump Assembly for the Gen 3 Prius, but you have tagged onto a Gen 1 post in the Generation 1 forum.

While there might be more similarities between the Gen 1 and the Gen 3 than the Gen 2 all these generations have differences in this area – some more than others.

You should take care to make sure you post in the correct forum when making future posts.

#2 dolj, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    Rick Hoover likes this.
  3. Rick Hoover

Rick Hoover Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Hello, has the issue come, or has your fix remained?

Did you not need to do a lateral solenoid calibration since you didn't change the master cylinder?

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ... linear ...