1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CA HOV sticker issue sequence.... AND???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RadMarv, Oct 23, 2005.

1. RadMarv

RadMarv Member

Today I received my CA HOV stickers, here's the scenario.

FasTrak purchased on 9/26
    DMV HOV application sent on 9/27
    HOV stickers arrived on 10/22
    Sticker # 32,2xx

I wonder how I got a lower number than member "greenbaby!" who posted...

sent HOV application: 9/22
    check cashed: 10/12
    HOV decals received: 10/15
    Sticker #: 34,6XX

Now how did I get a sticker number 2,400 lower than someone who applied prior to me and received theirs before I received mine?

Go figure.

AND,

I am wondering what the LOWEST sticker number of the people here on Priuschat is? I have a strange feeling that some of the lowest numbers were made available to government hybrid vehicles. I can confirm that I did see a 2005 or 2004 Prius that had a Government decal on the side doors and it had HOV stickers on it. Just yearns for the question... How many stickers are actually made available to the general public?

2. kpauley

kpauley New Member

Did you pick up your transponder in person on the 26th? I ask, because the application for the stickers states you need proof of FasTrak, so I'm guessing that is the case.

Not close enough to go pick up, so I faxed in my FasTrak the other day and was wondering how long it takes to get that delivered on a faxed order....

Ken

3. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I faxed mine in and it took almost 3 weeks. However that was shortly after they first became available. I called after about a week and was told it normally takes 7-10 days but they were backed up by all the hybrid requests.

4. RadMarv

RadMarv Member

Yes, I went to SF and picked it up. Very easy transaction. I got the forms on line and had everything ready to go. Waited in line about 10 minutes. They printed out two receipts for me and told me one was for the DMV.

5. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am assuming that different workers at the DMV may be working off different stacks of stickers (ie. difference sequences).

Also it was said when they came out in Aug that the governmental vehicles would not be in the first batches.

I think someone on Priuschat had like number 32???

6. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Same reason that mine was received 9/13, 2 days after the new form was announced, and I ended up in the 5xxx series while a friend's was received the Monday after and ended up in the 5xx series. A 5K difference.

Different stacks/mailboxes/people.