1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CA HOV Sticker Placement Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jsf, Jan 23, 2006.

?
  1. Passenger side

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Driver side

100.0%
  1. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When I put the stickers on both my Priuses, I noticed the instructions called for the small stickers to go on the right side of the bumper, front and rear. I just assumed the right side of the car was the passenger side and the instructions seemed clear to me that both front and rear stickers should go on the passenger side.

I noticed the small figure showed the front sticker on the driver's side, but I assumed the figure must have been reversed, because the words were very clear to me.

I first noticed another Prius in the neighborhood with the sticker on the driver's side, and thought, "What a dummy, can't follow directions." Then I saw a couple of more cars with the stickers on the driver's side, and thought about the figure in the instructions. I suddenly realized that when looking at the car from the front, consistent with the figure, the right side was the driver's side. With horror, I decided that I was the dummy.

I called the DMV group that issues the stickers to ask about this, expecting to apply for replacement sets. I was told that the people there were not involved with the drafting of the language and that I should contact CHP. The CHP officer I spoke with told me the question had come up and that the figure was incorrect. I did correctly put the sticker on the passenger side. I did not ask if cars with the sticker on the driver's side could be cited.

The only remaining thing I have to obsess about is I put the rear sticker 2-3" in from the edge instead of on the edge. I guess that is ok, but it does annoy me.

2. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We all over at the OC Prius Club followed the picture- said to be worth a thousand words, but - guess not in this case.

Pictures:
    OCPrius.com Hybrid sticker pics

3. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It would be interesting to see if other CHP offices give the same info.

4. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There are four stickers that just about encircle the car. The CHP should be able to view them from front or back and from either side although they tend to be to the left looking for people to abuse the on-ramps.