1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CA HOV Stickers - My Prius Solution

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RadMarv, Nov 4, 2005.

1. RadMarv

RadMarv Member

Although I will find the CA HOV stickers being of little use to me, I decided that they should go on the Prius. Too easy a thieft item just setting in the car pockets.

OK now how to install them without the dreaded problem of removing them from the paint.

I recently had a small accident where the front bumper needed a touchup of paint and the Llumar Paint Protection film I had on was totally removed for the fix. I was amazed how after the bumper bra was removed how I did NOT see any effect of it having been removed from the orignal paint. The repair was only about a handkerchief sized repaint job on the left bumper.

I waited 3 months and today I had the Paint Protection put back on.

While at the shop, I came up with the bright idea that this would be an ideal way to have the HOV stickers put onto my Prius. The shop owner thought it was a nice idea too and cut out four rectangular sized pieces and only used three since we just stuck the front one on the new bra. Looks great and the shop owner says there is an art to removing the paint protection film but it can be removed without any problems to the paint.

I'll post a photo of the job next week. B)

2. RadMarv

RadMarv Member

Here is a close-up photo of one of the HOV stickers applied on top of Llumar Paint Protection film. The film is virtually invisible from farther away.

[​IMG]