1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. sheila'sprius

sheila'sprius New Member

Okay...

I am the one with the mouse from earlier.. I have most of my dash apart and have found the mouse... It's in the Cabin Air Filter BOX............... I have taken screws out of that, but it isn't budging so far.... I can't get to the critter.. I can see him through the front of the box that moves with a lever type action.... HELP!!

Does anybody kknow how to get into that thing?

Thanks!!!!

2. IndyDoug

IndyDoug New Member

i had my cabin filter replaced by a trained Toyota technician. i suggest you do the same

3. sheila'sprius

sheila'sprius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IndyDoug @ Sep 20 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]322583[/snapback]</div>

Replacing the filter isn't a big deal at all..... That's not my problem.. The dealer will charge $120/hour to get into that box. It has to come out, apart somehow.

Thanks for your reply though.

4. losaltosprius

losaltosprius Junior Member

It's really simple! Look at the detailed illustrated instructions at john1701's web site and blog which include a pdf file you can download as well:

Air-Conditioner Filter Replacement

John's website has lots of useful Prius information: John's Prius Stuff

5. TucsonPrius

TucsonPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Looking through the repair manual, it appears that the cabin filter blower assembly is held in place with three screws and one nut. The screws are at the upper right, upper left, and lower left (on the air intake?) and the nut is on the lower right.

After that the blower assembly should come out, and then the bottom is attached with five screws.

See the figure I've attached. Not sure if this helps.

Shawn

Attached Files: