1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

California HOV Sticker Usage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Harper, Apr 9, 2006.

?
  1. Because you didn't want to put directly on paint?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Too Big?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Do Use

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Don't Use

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Harper

Harper New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just a quick poll. I, myself, bought one, but decided not to use. Reason being, I do not want to put anything, especially a sticker on my paint job. That's just plain old wrong to do to my car. Besides, damn those things are HUGE!

2. cmwade77

cmwade77 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Harper @ Apr 8 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]237063[/snapback]</div>
    I use them, thier great, and really they won't damage the paint job, the dealer that I bought the car from used had removed them before I purchased my car with no difficulty, I wish they hadn't though, then I wouldn't have had to order new ones, oh well, such is life, I have mine in and I am loving it. And to order them and not use them, that is being selfish in my opinion, as they are limited to 75,000 that is one more person that wants to use them that won't be able to get them.

3. Kestrel

Kestrel Bird geek

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I bought the car specifically for the stickers, not for the paint. I'm very happy to have the privilege of using the lane when I'm not carpooling, and putting the stickers on is a very small "price" to pay for the privilege.

4. cnerfin

cnerfin New Member

Hey Harper - if you dont want yours I sure do - my 2006 is on order and I worry that I wont get it in time to get a sticker with the current lead time! Help...

5. mdh

mdh New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mascott @ Apr 29 2006, 05:35 PM) [snapback]247334[/snapback]</div>

the question is will they extend the program beyond jan 08?

6. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Harper @ Apr 8 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]237063[/snapback]</div>
    I, on the other hand, bought them, put them on, and don't need them since I actually carpool in my Prius. There isn't much that could make the car uglier, so there's no worries about the stickers for me!

7. LisaMarli

LisaMarli Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I got the stickers. And am glad I have them for those times when I'm traveling alone. They aren't the prettiest things on my car (I like my SJ Sharks bumper sticker, and the Tinkerbell and Stitch window decals better), but they are useful.

According to another poster, somewhere (I belong to too many Prius Groups), the stickers are removable. He mashed a bumper and lost the sticker that was on it. So he got new stickers, the other three came off cleanly, and got replaced. All you need is a hot hair dryer and some patience. He said that the paint wasn't damaged at all when he took the old ones off.

Now all we need are: a) being able to use them on the Santa Clara County Expressways, and 2) extension beyond 2008.

Lisa

8. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Apr 29 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]247386[/snapback]</div>
    Amen to that bro'. This car is eminently practical but man is it ugly.

9. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I use them and I love them! However I did put them on incorrectly (DOH!!). At least I can admit it. I applied 1 sticker on each of the 4 'corners' of the car, I guess I misread the instructions. Oops! But I do wish our HOV stickers were more like the CNG and EV HOV stickers. Silver instead of yellow. Oh well, I love them just the same and am oddly exhilerated every time I enter that carpool lane by myself or use a carpools-only freeway onramp.

10. Nettie

Nettie New Member

Has anyone experience with using a sticker that was originally purchased for another Prius (lets say you get one from another person who doesn't use them because they are ugly..) ?
    Is that illegal ? I don't want to risk a ticket ....

11. dnotzon

dnotzon New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nettie @ May 9 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]252416[/snapback]</div>
    Sadly yes, that would be a violation of the CA Vehicle Code, since your sticker is assigned to your VIN and License #.

12. NorwoodIV

NorwoodIV New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Harper @ Apr 9 2006, 12:09 AM) [snapback]237063[/snapback]</div>
    Odds are, you'll only be able to use them until January 1, 2008 anyway. There is a good possibility that they will cancel the program. You can take the stickers off after a year...

For me, it's worth the ugly part for that kind of freedom.

13. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Since the sticker was a huge reason I got the car, I actually think that those without it look weird!

It is a badge of honor and priviledge.

14. cagemo

cagemo Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Apr 29 2006, 07:45 PM) [snapback]247386[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :p

no way i bought the prius for it's good looks. now i just see it as an ugly duckling.