1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

California Prius Group Meet

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by sofsof, Jan 12, 2006.

1. sofsof

sofsof New Member

Everyone is invited, no membership required. If interested, let me know and I'll add you to rhe Evite I helped put together. (I am not affiliated with group administration, just spreading the news)

Here is a copy of the invitation I got from the group:

This is a reminder that our first meeting will be held at the Cerritos Mall
    on Saturday, Jan. 14th at 1:00pm. I'm not familiar with this place so I've
    decided to let the Google Map push pin lead the way since it's on the end
    closest to the 605 freeway off/on ramps from South St. We will park on the
    Macy's department store side at the far west corner of the parking lot
    (against South St.) in the 1st isle. According to the map you exit the 605
    south bound and turn left on South St. proceeding through the freeway
    underpass and take the first left into the mall lot heading to Macy's. Then,
    make a left U-turn down the first row of spaces to the end of the lot. There will be at least 2 silver Gen2 Priito look for.

2. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

5 members are going (hopefuly) and 5 undecided. It's only the first meeting and with the possibility of rain and the location at the southern tip of LA (voted in by some members) I'm not expecting a large turn out. Nothing I can do about the weather but the next meeting with be better planned. Maybe someone with better leadership skills will offer to help out. Thanks to sofsof for setting up the evite. I'm going to try and make somthing like that built into the main site. It was one of those things that I was planning but didn't get around to doing.

I'll see some of you tomorrow at the mall with umbrella and coat.

3. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

The rain held up long enough for me to meet one of our members. Thank you prius23 for keeping me company. Was a good chat. Two guys in a silver Gen1 drove past but didn't stop. I'm thinking this was a rained out game and we should start fresh again in a month or two. What are the chances of the first 2 being rained out? This isn't Seattle.

By the way, you won't recieve any announcements without being registered with the CalPriusGroup site...

[Broken External Image]:http://la.calpriusgroup.us/images/stories/sign-up_button.gif

4. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Shouldn't that be the SOcal Prius group? Or are you expecting many members from S.F. and Sac? I'd be nice to have an active NORcal Prius group someday...

5. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

You could start a NORcal group.

6. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Maybe AFTER I get my Prius! (It'd look kinda weird for me to show up to "my" Prius meetup in my Audi...)

7. prius23

prius23 New Member

8. prius23

prius23 New Member

Hi aka007. Thanks for the chat on Sat. at Cerritos. How did you like the mall? BTW, regarding the vanity light not working? Well, I just had my 10,000 maintenance service done and the service guy showed me that it DID work. Just close your mirror and make sure the headlights are turned off. When you slide the vanity mirror to open, the vanity light will turn on at the same time as the mirror. The first Toyota service guy just wrote up my concern...look at the light tried it own and that was it. He had to go to lunch so another service guy took over, lucky me. He said something didn't sound right so he went to fiddle with the light and the switches and whoela.... so I guess the lights work after all!

9. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

Yes, I asked here at PC to see how the light worked. I found out that the rear (trunk) light works the same way. You can leave it switched on and it will turn off when the hatch closes. Both vanity mirrors work off of the slidding mirror doors also.

The mall was pretty good. I got suckered into a mattress place but at least got to lay down and relax. Grabbed a bite to eat and took off.

Hope to see you next time. :)

10. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

We are looking for more meeting locations. Please voice your suggestions. The next meeting will be on Sat. April 15th.