1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

California Steaming

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by hb06, Nov 4, 2006.

1. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    "That makes the Bear Republic the nation's second-largest emitter of greenhouse gases and the 12th to 16th largest contributor to global warming on the planet."

"However, when put in context the report shows that the California experience offers hope that greenhouse gas emissions be contained."

http://blogs.business2.com/greenwombat/200...ornias_gre.html

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think I read somewhere that if California were a sovereign nation, we'd be in the top 10.

So 12th to 16th in contributions to Global Warming is looking pretty good compared to the rest of the U.S. Second in greenhouse gases? Well, the rest of the U.S. is number one either way.

So I'd say California is doing pretty well.

We also contribute a lot more TO the Federal government in taxes and revenue than we get back.

Should there be a movement for cessession.....I'll vote for it. It would be interesting to see what the fiscal picture of the rest of the U.S. would be once California's contributions are cut off.

3. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBO6 @ Nov 4 2006, 07:12 AM) [snapback]343755[/snapback]</div>
    Completely agree on how important California is to the nation. The article does say, "Transportation produces about 41 percent of the state's greenhouse gases." At least all of us in PriusChat are contributing to getting emissions out of the transportation corridors. I believe that it is the Prius in California that was really the catalyst to bringing Hybrids and alternative vehicles to the forefront of attention in the country.