1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Caliper Slide Pin Bolt Part #

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by benjita, Nov 2, 2017.

1. benjita

benjita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I over-torqued the pin bolt and need a replacement. Does anyone know the OEM part number?

2. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Looks like you will have to call your local dealer or a salvage yard. Online Toyota parts dealers like Camelback, 2007 Toyota Prius Parts - Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping, do not list that part.

Try contacting Autobeyours for the slide pin, Prius hybrids sales and service Scottsburg Indiana

Invest in a click torque wrench. $40 would have prevented your current misery.
    Shop torque wrench at Lowes.com: Search Results
    Search Results for torque wrench at The Home Depot

#2 exstudent, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Odd, I didn't have the same difficulty looking them up. 90016AA604 for the little bolt that threads into the slide pin, 4771547010 if you need the slide pin itself.

-Chap

edthefox5 and Mendel Leisk like this.
  4. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Some dealer website are not as comprehensive as others.

Despite Camelback not having a more robust website parts diagram, still like them for the free ground shipping (most items), nearly lowest prices, and will match lower online dealer prices (if you ask).

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Amen to that. I like a lot about Metro Toyota, only I find their parts catalog really hard to navigate. Not that the part I'm looking for is missing, 'cause if I use some other dealer to find the part number, then I can see that it is in Metro's system after all, where I could have found it by some path I would never have thought of.

I've used Village Toyota's catalog a lot; what annoys me about theirs is when a part has been superseded, they just show you the old part number and No Longer Available, instead of showing what new darned part to buy.

But it seems like Toyota themselves have finally seen the light and put up their own searchable catalog at parts.toyota.com. It shows MSRP instead of dealer discounted pricing, but it's pretty easy to search and does include a dealer locator too.

-Chap