1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Caller ID displays wrong info

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Snowkitty, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Snowkitty

Snowkitty New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2009 pkg. 6 that I have had since Feb. When I first paired my Verizon phone with it the caller ID displayed correctly. Last month or so it started displaying random entries from my phonebook. I tried deleting everything and starting over, but it still displays at random. It does not seem to be off by one call or some other sequence.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Any ideas for kicking it in the teeth to get it straightened out again?

FWIW, I have a Palm Treo 700P from Verizon.

2. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I am a little confused as to what you mean by random entries. Here's a little of what I can tell you.

When you tranfer/transmit your address book to the Prius it takes only the entries with phone numbers. If you have multiple phone numbers on an entry (fax, home phone, 2nd phone) only the first number is displayed.

In general these random entries generally are not random at all. I would suggest going through all of your entries on your palm and delete/update all of the entries. Then you can delete the phone book in the Prius and start over.

Best of luck

3. Snowkitty

Snowkitty New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Very few of my phonebook entries have multiple numbers. I will go through and clean that out.

What I mean by random entries is that Caller A is calling me, my Treo shows Caller A, Prius shows Caller D. Then I get a call from caller C and Prius shows it as from caller H. Totally unrelated numbers, no sequence that I have been able to detect.

4. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you don't have too many numbers you can manually enter them in the Prius. I would wipe out the old directory then try and transfer your phone book first though.

Best of luck!

5. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Is the incoming phone number displayed on the MFD correct? Note that it only displays in the incoming number if you are not moving.

The Prius has a separate address book from your phone, and you have to transfer it if you want to have the name display. However, the number may have a separate name associated to it on your phone versus your Prius address book. You may also want to check to make sure you don't have duplicates.

On the other hand, if the call display number is not consistent, then it may be a bluetooth compatibility issue. All you can really do is try deleting the pairing and re-pair again, or perhaps see if there is a firmware update for your phone.

Hope that helps...

6. Snowkitty

Snowkitty New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just thought I'd post an update now that my problem is solved. After much digging and poking I found that my Treo needed two firmware updates. I did both of them, then re-registered my phone with the Prius. It was a little funky to do that. After entering the passkey into the phone you must make a call, then it will be sync'd up. Prius is showing correct numbers on the caller ID now, though not names at the moment. I'm working on that one, but as long as the correct number shows, I'm pretty happy.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    some phones require that the phone in the Prius' phone book matches the incoming number exactly, others just need the phone numbers in the Prius' address book to match the phone's contact list so try both methods.

E.g. my carrier will display +1 (area code) (phone number). With my RAZR, the Prius' phone book MUST have the +1 in front of all numbers before it would display the name.

With my iPhone, as long as the numbers match number-for-number between the car and iPhone's phonebook it'll display the name.