1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Calling All Future 2010 Prius Owners! :-)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Peppito, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Peppito

Peppito New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So, with the packages and prices released, I'm equally curious and excited to read what all of you are looking to purchase! The 3rd gen will be my first Prius, and I'm all giddy at the moment. (Like a lot of you probably are!)
    :cheer2:

I wanna throw out a huge thanks and a round of high-fives to the Prius Chat crew and all of the members. This website and it's members are constantly updating and communicating. I've definitely been getting my learn on, and soaking up all of the Prius info. I feel very confidant about my future experience with the 2010 Prius, and it's because of Prius Chat. Thanks!! Now...onto the point of this topic:

What are all of you looking to purchase?!

I've got my mind set on Prius IV w/ Solar Moon Roof Package. Interior: Dark Grey Leather. Exterior: Classic Metallic Silver OR Black (haven't decided yet.) :rockon:

Peace,
    Jason
    New Orleans, La

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A second Prius.

3. Infornography

Infornography Junior Member

Honestly? This is going to be my first Prius too. I'm excited! I'm getting the Prius IV with the solar sunroof package. I'll be trading in my 2006 mitsubishi eclipse and I can't wait!

4. zyonuf79

zyonuf79 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    This will also be my first Prius. I am definitely getting the Sunroof, but I have yet to make a firm decision on the exact model level.

5. rcsting

rcsting Toyota Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My dealer preferenced mine a few weeks ago. Prius IV with Solar Moon Roof, Dark Grey Leather, Blizzard Pearl. :)

6. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    Package 4 with sunroof, nav and leather in winter grey. Cant wait. 2nd Prius for me and I absolutely love them. Sold my 07 a week ago so jonesing until car gets here.

7. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Seems like everybody is getting the moon roof. :( I'm getting a plain old package 3. With the money I'm saving, I plan on getting some fancy seat covers and a nice garmin nav. It's my first Toyota,so I'm very excited.

8. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't know why you sold your 07 last week but I think you made a real good move. :D

9. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Still really torn between a VI with Sunroof, or a V with Advanced Tech package. Either one will in Metallic Blue.

I can't wait, but really do want want to pay 100% of MSRP. (although I may not be patient enough to wait...)

10. ljbad4life

ljbad4life New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    well I will definitely be getting the sunroof package and either Prius III or Prius IV. I need to decide if I want leather that badly. I'm stuck between Winter Gray metallic and black, but How I've bought before if the color I see grows on my then I would by that. I think I like the blue, but it might be to bright of a blue in my opinion (or the red). Congrats to anyone that ordered one !

11. PriusCrazy

PriusCrazy Blizzard Pearl for Me

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My first Prius too... heck, my first new car in 20 years!

Package IV, Classic Silver Metallic, Misty Gray leather interior

$25,800 (thanks Toyota, this is outstanding!)

Was originally considering the solar roof package but at $3,600, I'm glad I convinced myself it isn't a must-have.

12. scottwyden

scottwyden new jersey photographer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This will be my first Prius

I am opting for the Prius IV w/ Solar Moonroof in Blue Ribbon Metallic

But I have to sell my motorcycle first and I'm having problems doing so

13. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    This will be Prius #3 for us. We have a 2002 that we bought in Nov of 2001 and I drove until the 2004 was purchased in Oct of 2003. The 2004 was purcahsed on a Pioneer deal in Oct 2003 and was one of the first few to hit US shores (VIN ends in 09090). At that point, my wife inherited the 2002.

Now with baby #3 here (unexpected but welcome surprise), the 2002 back seat is a bit cramped w/ 3 kids. Thus, the 2002, with only 54k miles, will be sold/traded for the 2010. Despite the mileage, it's getting to the age where the little things are starting to go wrong due to time. She'll be getting the 2004 with it's larger seat and I'll get the 2010. As she only drives around town, it will be a nice "retirement" of sorts for the 2004, which has 113,000+ miles on it.

The next new car will be a hybrid minivan of some sort and the 2004 will be sold/traded for that. The will go straight to the Mrs. ;) In fact, she saw the Hybrid Estima that "appeared" at the LA Prius event and was instantly in love.

The 2010 will be package IV w/ moonroof - Blizzard Pearl, Misty Gray leather. As I stated on YouTube, in Phoenix, the solar roof is a "must" as the temps are climbing. I'm already Jonesing for it when I get into the hot 2004 after parking outside all day, even w/ windows cracked and solar shade up. Despite "wanting" Package V, once I found out I couldn't mix Advanced Tech w/ solar (or w/ Package V for that matter), I knew I'd have to choose. I started off ordering Blue Ribbon Metallic w/ Dark Gray interior, but soon reconsidered the heat, and saw a Camry in Blue Ribbon Metallic that appeared quite dirty w/ a little dust and had very obvious swirl marks. The Blizzard Pearl, despite the price premium, just made more sense from a temperature and "keep it clean" perspective.

In addition to being our third Prius, I've indirectly sold my parents on one (they're considering a 2010 as well), and my aunt/uncle on one. I even had a co-worker from out of town take a ride in mine, then subsequently went home and bought a fully loaded '08. I hope to "convert" many more w/ the 2010 ;-)

14. ScarGo

ScarGo Common Sense Conservative

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Blizzard Pearl package V with dark gray leather and Tech. package.

15. mirak

mirak New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I'm surprised by how many people on this board are getting the moonroof package. $3600 seems awfully high for nav, a moonroof, and a solar-powered fan (seems quite gimmicky to me).

Then again, I may pay an additional $1500 (V versus IV) just to get some bigger wheels and LED headlamps, so to each his own.

16. Blaze178

Blaze178 Finally Got It!!!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This will be my first prius and also my very first brand-spankin' new car!!! So I am extremely excited. Last November I put a deposit on a 2009 touring, but when I saw the reveal for the 2010 I had my dealer place me on the list for that instead.

I'll be getting a IV w/ the solar package. Grey Interior, Black Exterior. I can't wait!!!

17. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My bike is on ebay right now.

18. scottwyden

scottwyden new jersey photographer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine didn't sell on eBay but it's on NJ.com and Craigslist, signs all over the place. Been trying to sell it for weeks now. :/

19. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just got on the waiting list for a package II. This will be my first new car, and first hybrid so I can't wait. It will be awesome going from 20 MPG city in my current car to 50+ in the Prius.

As for colors, I'm still undecided. I'm leaning toward Blue Ribbon, but like HTMLSpinnr mentioned it doesn't look great when slightly dirty. (At least on my co-workers Camry Hybrid)

20. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Package 3 for me.